Step 1 Work out when to take your test
Many airlines and countries require a mandatory, negative Covid-19 PCR test result confirming that you are Covid-19 free before travel. You must ensure you complete your swab test within the testing window set out by your destination country as this may vary.
You should check with your airline and destination country about any special requirements for the test &/or certificate before purchasing and confirm with One Scientific before submitting test swab that these will be met, to prevent issues later in you travels.
Step 2 Order your Covid-19 PCR test kit and Fit-to-Fly Certificate
Once you have confirmed your travel arrangements and when you need to take your test, order your test. You can order your test in advance and keep this until it is required.
All our PCR tests for travel include:
- Free Royal Mail 1st Class delivery despatched same day if ordered before 2pm Mon-Fri, excluding Bank Holidays
- Free Royal Mail Tracked 24 returns
- Clear, concise swabbing instructions
- Results provided by 23:59 same day if sample received by 10:00 at our laboratory and Fit-to-Fly certificates included. You can check if samples have been received by the laboratory by going to https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item and entering the Tracking No. on the pre-paid return label.
Orders placed after 2pm on Friday or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday. Orders will not be dispatched on bank holidays.
Step 3 Take your PCR travel test
Using a swab, you will take a combined throat and nose sample. Your home test kit is supplied with a detailed set of instructions guiding you on how to collect your sample correctly.
- Swab samples must be activated online at time of sampling – instructions for accessing your PLN and activating your swab can be found here (INSTRUCTIONS) Please note: Failure to activate your swab will prevent you receiving your results.
- DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ACTIVATION PAGE UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR KIT AND HAVE PERFORMED THE SAMPLING.
- If you do not have an NHS Number, please fill in a hospital number from your country of residence/origin.
- The Serial No. or Barcode is THE BARCODE ON THE SAMPLE TUBE.
Step 4 Return you test
Your Covid-19 test will be returned to our laboratory by Royal Mail Tracked 24 delivery. If required, you can arrange the swab return via courier.
Please note We not able to receive samples from couriers over the weekend.
Step 5 Receiving your results
Results provided by 23:59 same day if sample received by 10:00 at our laboratory. Your results and Fit-to-Fly certificate will be available by email to serve as proof of your result.
Still have some questions?