Lateral Flow (Antigen) Fit to Fly Travel Test kits are pre-departure tests for fully vaccinated people leaving the UK or for use abroad ahead of your return journey to the UK if not fully vaccinated.
We recommend that you purchase your tests at least 5 working days before your departing flight.
How it works:
Use the swab activation webpage, link emailed to you shortly after placing your order, to allocate your Passenger Locator Number (PLN). Instructions for accessing your PLN and activating your swab can be found here (INSTRUCTIONS).
DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ACTIVATION PAGE UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR KIT AND HAVE PERFORMED THE SAMPLING.
Take the test within 72 hours and no later than 24 hours of your journey.
How to take Lateral Flow Test:
- Unpack the test kit and carefully read the instructions for use.
- Use a ball point pen to write your passenger locator number on the left hand side of the lateral flow device; ensuring that this number is clearly visible (see example here). IF YOU DO NOT WRITE THIS UNIQUE NUMBER ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE LATERAL FLOW DEVICE YOUR TEST WILL BE INVALID AND WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ISSUE YOU A CERTIFICATE.
- Undertake the testing procedure as per the test kit instructions.
- Enter your Passenger Locator No. as the unique serial number/Barcode on the activation page.
- Using your mobile phone, take a photo of your passport laid flat and open on the photo page alongside the lateral flow device within the boundaries of a plain white A4 paper; ensuring this photographic evidence complies with all the requirements as described in the instructions for use (see example here).
- Upload the photographic evidence to the activation webpage provided in your email link and complete all the details in the form. Please make sure you select FIT TO FLY USING LATERAL FLOW DEVICE under the pull-down option for type of test you want to perform; selecting any other will not allow you to attach photographic evidence. Submit your details once completed.
For more detailed instructions please see our FAQ page.
What happens next?
Our trained laboratory staff will verify your test results and email your certificate within 8 hrs of you submitting your photo (normally between 9am -7pm Mon-Sat). Please note the verification and reporting service does not operate on a Sunday. We are open Bank holidays.
Please make sure that you give us all the information required and send clear and compliant photos or we may be unable to issue you a certificate.
Still have some questions?
Please see our FAQ page for the questions we get asked most about our LFD (Covid-19) tests. If you can’t find your question here please contact a member of our team at [email protected]