Step 1 Order your Covid-19 PCR test kit
You can order your test in advance and keep this until it is required.
All our PCR tests include:
- Free Royal Mail 1st Class delivery despatched same day if ordered before 2pm Mon-Fri, excluding Bank Holidays
- Free Royal Mail Tracked 24 swab returns
- Clear, concise swabbing instructions
- Results available via email
Orders placed after 2pm on Friday or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday. Orders will not be dispatched on Bank Holidays.
Step 2 Take your PCR test
Using a swab you will take a combined throat and nose sample. Your home test kit is supplied with a detailed set of instructions guiding you on how to collect your sample correctly.
- Swab samples must be activated online at time of sampling – instructions for activating your swab can be found here (INSTRUCTIONS) Please note: Failure to activate your swab will prevent you receiving your results.
- If you do not have an NHS Number, please fill in a hospital number from your country of residence/origin.
- The Serial No. or Barcode is the barcode on your swab tube.
Please note Failure to activate your swab will prevent you receiving your results.
Step 3 Return your test
Your Covid-19 test will be returned to the laboratory by Royal Mail Tracked 24 delivery. If required, you can arrange the swab return via courier.
Please note Couriers are unable to deliver to the laboratory over the weekend.
Step 4 Receiving your results
Results are emailed by 23:59 next day if samples are received by 18:00 at our laboratory.
Still have some questions?