Spend less time self-isolating with Test to Release
All international arrivals from Amber list countries are currently required to self-isolate for 10 days and to take a Covid-19 PCR test on or before Day 2 and Day 8 of the quarantine period (unless exempt). Our Test to Release home kit will enable you to reduce your self-isolation period from 10 days to 7 or 8 days, if you test negative for Covid-19.
One Scientific uses a private provider, listed on the GOV.UK website, for Testing to Release for International Travel.
Test to Release: Ending your quarantine early
If you would like to end your 10 day quarantine early you can use our Test to Release home swab kit and if the result is negative, you can stop quarantining.
You cannot take this test until you have been in England for 5 full days and cannot use the Test to Release scheme if you have been in or through any country that is on the travel ban red list in the 10 days before you arrive in England.
If you plan to use the Test to Release scheme, you must choose to opt into the scheme when completing your passenger locator form and you will still need to take a test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8. Even if you get a negative result from your Test to Release and are released from self-isolation, you still need to take a test on or after day 8 to check that you do not have Covid-19.
Test to Release: How does it work?
You must book your Test to Release test before you travel to England. This is so you can enter details of the test when you opt into the scheme on the passenger locator form.
How the Test to Release scheme works:
- Book a test before you travel – you can pre-book this at the same time as your outbound travel test or your Day 2 and Day 8 test package.
- Choose to opt into the scheme on the passenger locator form.
- Enter the details of your test in the passenger locator form, including your unique Booking Reference Number that we will provide you with.
- We will send the test kit to your chosen address.
- Swab samples must be activated at time of sampling. Please note Failure to activate your swab will prevent you receiving your results.
- Return your test using the included Royal Mail Tracked 24 return. If required, you can arrange the swab return via courier.
- Your results will be available by email within 48 hours of us receiving your sample.
- If you receive a negative result you can exit quarantine but you’ll still need to take your Day 8 test.
- If you test positive you must self-isolate for 10 days from the day after your test date.
If you decide to take part in the scheme after you have arrived in England, you will need to complete another passenger locator form.
Still have some questions?