Day 2 and Day 8 testing for international travel arrivals
Please see the Governments website for up to date requirements for entering or returning to the UK. If you are travelling to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland you will need to follow separate guidelines.
We use a Government-approved registered private provider for Day 2 and Day 8 Covid-19 testing.
Your Day 2 Covid-19 PCR test should ideally be taken on or before Day 2 of your self-isolation period and then another test on or after Day 8, if required.
Day 2 & Day 8 Testing: How does it work?
- Book a test before you travel – you can pre-book this at the same time as your outbound travel / Fit-to-Fly test
- We will send the test kit to your chosen address.
- When you are ready to sample for the Day 2 test, follow the provided instructions and use the allocated Day 2 swab. Swab samples must be activated online at time of sampling. Please note Failure to activate your swab via the app will prevent you receiving your results.
- Return your swab test using the included Royal Mail Tracked 24 return. If required, you can arrange the swab return via courier.
- Your results will be available by email within 48 hours of the laboratory receiving your sample.
- Repeat the above process for the Day 8 test, if required.
- If eligible, you can shorten your quarantine period with a Test-to-Release PCR test on day 5.
Still have some questions?
Please see our FAQ page for those questions we get asked most about our Coronavirus Test (Covid-19). If you can’t find your question here please contact a member of our team at [email protected]