Day 2 and Day 8 testing for international travel arrivals
Please see the Governments website for up to date requirements for entering or returning to the UK. If you are travelling to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland you will need to follow separate guidelines.
Your Day 2 Covid-19 PCR test should be taken on or before Day 2 of your arrival into the UK. Your Day 8 Covid-19 PCR test should be taken on or after Day 8 of your arrival into the UK.
Day 2 and Day 8 Testing: How does it work?
- You must book a test before you depart to the UK – you can pre-book this at the same time as your outbound travel / Fit-to-Fly test
- We will send the test kit to your chosen address.
- When you are ready to sample for the Day 2 test, follow the instructions provided and use the allocated Day 2 swab.
- Swab samples must be activated online at time of sampling – instructions for accessing your PLN and activating your swab can be found here (INSTRUCTIONS) Please note: Failure to activate your swab will prevent you receiving your results.
- DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ACTIVATION PAGE UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR KIT AND HAVE PERFORMED THE SAMPLING.
- If you do not have an NHS Number, please fill in a hospital number from your country of residence/origin.
- The Serial No. or Barcode is THE BARCODE ON THE SAMPLE TUBE.
- Return your swab test using the included Royal Mail Tracked 24 return. If required, you can arrange the swab return via courier.
- Your results will be available by email approximately 24 hours of the laboratory receiving your sample. You can check if samples have been received by the laboratory by going to https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item and entering the Tracking No. on the pre-paid return label.
- If eligible, you can shorten your quarantine period with a Test-to-Release PCR test on day 5.
Still have some questions?