We are looking for a full-time Laboratory Administrator to support our team in the day to day running of the laboratory.
Skills and qualities:
Previous experience in a customer facing role is desirable and an interest in science would be beneficial, however full training will be provided. Good keyboard skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are essential. Attention to detail is key as accurate data entry is crucial. Candidates must be able to work well within a team, as well as being capable of working under their own initiative when required. You will be confident liaising directly with our clients, as well as with different internal departments to assist with a wide range of queries.
– Registration of samples (food, water, environmental) on to our internal lab system for microbiological and chemistry testing to meet clients’ requirements
– To handle and process all samples in the correct manner as documented in our Standard Operating Procedures
– Accurate identification and organisation of samples to ensure they are processed correctly
– Assist with generating submission paperwork, labels and worksheets for the laboratory
– Liaise with customers (face to face, email and phone) to resolve sample-related queries
– Some internal driving where required
We are looking for someone with an eagerness to learn new skills and develop a successful career as part of our friendly, busy team, as we actively encourage internal progression.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £7.70/h for under 25’s and £8.21/h for over 25’s. Overtime paid at enhanced rates.
Hours: Sunday – Thursday 09:30am – 18:00pm
Holiday: 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) pro rata
Job Type: Full-time
– We have free on-site parking and bicycle lock up points.
– The Park and Ride (Bristol A4 Portway) is located at the end of our road (Victoria Road) and operates 7 days per week, so we are easily accessible by bus from the city centre.
– By train there is a small branch line that operates 7 days a week from Temple Meads Station stopping at Montpellier, Redland, Clifton Down, and finally Shirehampton – approx. 0.5 miles from our location in Avonmouth.