Shift Manager (Microbiology Department)
We are looking for Full Time Shift Manager to support our team in the day-to-day running of the business. Are you an aspiring person, and looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
We are looking for a responsible, experienced, and proactive Shift Manager to organize and manage sampling, testing, measuring, and analysing in cooperation with the rest of our laboratory team.
Supports and works closely with the Head of Operation Manager, Laboratory Manager and Technical Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the laboratory on a day-to-day basis, including weekends, maximising sample throughput in the most cost-effective manner, whilst observing and adhering to UKAS standards and RSA requirements.
If you can thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires an individual with drive, enthusiasm, and good time management skills, then you might be our ideal candidate.
Key areas of responsibility (Microbiology Department) are:
- Manage and supervise a team of employees, including scheduling, training, and performance management.
- Manage the throughput of all samples.
- To assist in the preparation for internal, UKAS and RSA audits.
- Assist in highlighting, organising, and maintaining any staff training requirements.
- Managing the overall cleanliness of the Main Laboratory.
- To maintain the utmost confidentiality in respect of customer testing and reports.
- At least 2 years of experience in a management role in Food science or experience in a catering industry
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Skills and qualities:
An interest in Food science or experience in a catering industry would be an advantage.
A successful candidate must be:
- Self-motivated and Flexible.
- Willing to work hard and a good team player.
- A mature outlook and attitude are necessary.
- You will need to be neat, accurate and methodical, and able to Lead the team well under pressure.
Start date: January 2024
Hours: 40 hours per weeks Monday to Friday the hours of 12:30-21:00pm.
Holiday: 28 days paid holiday (including BH) pro rata
How to apply: CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Directions to One Scientific Ltd: For your information there is a 7 day a week Park and Ride (Bristol A4 Portway) at the end of our road (Victoria Road), so we are easily accessible by bus from the city centre.
By train there is a small branch line 7 days a week from Temple Meads Station stopping at Montpellier, Clifton, and finally Sea Mills/Shirehampton approx. 0.5miles from our location in Avonmouth.